Evangelists Jim and Kathy Leamon report from the Christ for all Nations Operation Decapolis Campaign in Jangwani, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Evangelist Kathy Leamon preached on the second night of the campaign. She described it as “the blessing and honor of her life.” Here is her report:
“Preaching at Operation Decapolis was the blessing and honor of my life! My husband and I ministered in the city of Jangwani along with Evangelist Jacob Ebersole. Evangelist Daniel Kolenda preached one night at each field during this historic campaign event. Nothing like this has ever been done before!
On the second night, I ministered the Gospel through the story of Zacchaeus and saw thousands come to know Jesus Christ as their Savior. I believe this city is going to be changed forever! I know I have been changed and will never be the same for the rest of my life!
After ministering the Gospel, I taught on healing and prayed for the sick. When I prayed for healing, the King of glory, King Jesus, stepped in and began to manifest His glory. A roar rose up among the crowd and people hit the ground manifesting demons. Jesus brought deliverance to people everywhere all over the field!
Suddenly, someone began to walk across the field below the front of the stage carrying his own crutches!! The roar of the crowd grew even louder with awe and wonder. I can still hear that beautiful sound ringing in my ears, the sound of freedom! I have never heard such an amazing sound in my entire life. I will never forget it. The man came on stage and testified what Jesus did. He had a car accident 10 years ago that left him with a spinal cord injury. He couldn’t walk or stand without assistance, and it was difficult for him to walk, even with his crutches. During prayer, he felt the power of God on him and then strength began to pour into his legs. He stood up out of his chair and began to walk without any help and without his crutches! Glory be to God! This was just one of the miracles that happened that night!
Here are a few of the other incredible miracles Jesus did on night two in Jangwani:
- One man had chest pain for three months and struggled to breath. The power of God fell on him and healed his lungs! Now he can breathe. He stood on stage and demonstrated how deep he could breathe in and out!
- A precious mama had debilitating pain in her legs and back. She could not stand or bend. The presence of God came, and she felt light in her body. She began jumping and dancing! As she testified, she showed us how she could now bend over. These were all things she could not do before! She also had diabetes, but she believed that was healed too because God touched her in a powerful way.
- Another man couldn’t hear well in his right ear. His ear popped open, and his hearing returned! I stood behind him without the mic and clapped 3 times in his right ear. He confirmed that he heard three claps! God is a God of miracles! Hallelujah!
On the third night in Jangwani, Evangelist Daniel Kolenda preached. He prayed for demonic strongholds and influences to be broken. Multitudes were set free from oppression and forever changed! News about the miraculous power of God spread through the district. The crowds grew even larger for the following nights, and so did people’s expectations!”
Evangelist Jim Leamon preached on the fourth night and prayed for the baptism of the Holy Spirit. It was a beautiful evening of transformation. Here is his report:
“As we pulled onto the field, I could sense the excitement of the crowd. That night, people had returned knowing they would receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit and power from Jesus to walk out their Christian lives. We started with a worship service, and then I preached the Word of God. The message was from Psalm 51, ‘Create in me a clean heart, oh God!’
At the end of the message, thousands responded to the Gospel call of repentance and raised their hands to heaven in complete surrender to God. They received God’s promise of a clean heart, replacing their hearts of stone with hearts of flesh. Everyone was invited to be transformed. I saw young and old, male and female, rich and poor, all transformed by God’s forgiveness by the thousands.
The grounds we chose for the campaign used to be a trash dump for the local people. As we stood on that field that was once a trash heap, joy filled my heart. These beautiful Tanzanian people, whose lives had been full of the world’s trash, were now renewed and made clean in God’s sight, standing on grounds also redeemed in their own neighborhood, all through the ministry of Christ for all Nations. What a moving and prophetic picture!
After the crowd prayed for salvation, it was time to minister the filling of the Holy Spirit. I shared a short teaching, then the worship team led us into the presence of God. I encouraged the crowd to stay focused on Jesus the Baptizer. A holy quietness fell across this massive crowd of humanity. After a few minutes, thousands of surrendered hands lifted into the air as we prayed in faith to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
The scene reminded me of what it must have been like in the book of Acts on the day of Pentecost when the disciples were in the upper room. The Holy Spirit fell all over the field in a powerful way. People were praying aloud in new tongues, with their hands raised towards heaven. Some began to manifest demons and were taken by the ushers to the prayer tents to receive deliverance. Others received miracles of healing before we even prayed for that! These earthen vessels had been cleaned, but now God clothed them with power from on high. After we receive the Holy Spirit, we are never the same again!
Next, I prayed for the sick to be healed in the name of Jesus. I asked people to test their bodies and see if they had been healed. Once again, hands went up across the field. The Father was glorifying the Son and touching His people.
Here are just a few examples of the testimonies we heard:
- One young woman was a deaf-mute since birth… imagine 24 years of silence! During the worship, she could hear the music. The first sound of her life was praise to our King! During the prayer for the sick, she felt something moving from her ears to her neck. Her friend asked her name, and she was able to reply, “Amy.” She was no longer mute! When she came to testify, she could already hear from her right ear, but her left ear was still deaf. I prayed for God to open the other ear and complete her healing.
- Another young woman, Lauren, testified that her legs used to go numb. She would feel pain and tingling sensations in her legs and arms. From the first day of the campaign, she was getting progressively better. By night four, she was completely healed and walked across the stage pain free! Praise Jesus!
- One sweet mama came to the third night of the campaign with pain in her right eye. It was so badly swollen and watering that she could not see. During the service, the Lord healed her! She could see again, and her eyes looked completely normal.
- We received a word of knowledge that God wanted to heal someone from a leg injury caused by an automobile accident. The night after we shared that, Martha came forward and testified. She had been in a wreck one month ago and fractured her right leg. Since that time, she experienced frequent swelling in her foot and leg to the point where she couldn’t wear a shoe on that foot. The doctors couldn’t figure out the problem even after testing her at the hospital. She testified that during the prayer she felt a great, burning fire going through her leg. When the fiery sensation stopped, she looked at her leg, and it wasn’t swollen anymore! She could put on her sandals again. She was healed! Jesus is the greatest Physician!”
Jesus is our Healer, our Savior and our Deliverer! No life is too far for the love of Christ. Even on a former trash dump in Tanzania, the love of God captured hearts and transformed lives! What a great report from Evangelist Jim and Kathy Leamon, a wonderful husband and wife team for the Gospel!
Together in the Harvest,
and the whole CfaN family